Position Title: Product Development Assistant (Temporary)
- Develops and interprets illustrations and schematic diagrams and confers with management to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Develops and maintains product and measurement specifications.
- Tests products for performance and physical characteristics, using internal tools/protocols or external lab services.
- Manages pre-production approval of materials (fabric, trim, labels), product construction, dimensions and fit, colors and packaging. Coordinates with vendors to meet quality and timeline goals.
- Communicates with internal/external parties to keep them informed as needed on new/modified styles and approval status.
- Graphs, charts and enters data into computer for analysis, determines critical dimensions of design for subsequent production.
- Manages pattern/marker/measurement information.
- Enters, edits information to keep specifications updated.
Major Life Activities:
- Walk, climb ladders, push, kneel, bend, twist and push/pull motions extensively.
- Lifting: Lift requirement for job: 50 pounds.
- May travel to other areas for specialized training.
- Use close and distance vision frequently and discern colors and have good depth perception.
- Bachelorís Degree in Textile, Apparel or Fashion Studies or currently enrolled in a Textile and Apparel or Fashion Studies program with a status of Senior.
- Prior work experience and training preferred.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Word, Excel, and CAD proficiency.
- Drug screen and back lift test required.
- 90-day probation.
If you are interested in an open position, please e-mail your resume to:
Kazoo, Inc. (Edwards Garment) is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, gender, age, height, weight, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.