Position Title: Hemmer (Full Time/Part Time - 2nd Shift)
- Lift merchandise (up to 35 pounds) from cart to conveyor.
- Inspect merchandise to assure quality standards are met and pack as required.
- Work and team with others to achieve objectives.
- Work overtime schedules, which may occur frequently.
- Read and interpret orders.
- Sew, press, cut and make necessary alterations.
- Replaces needle bobbins and thread as required and re-threads when broken as necessary.
- Cleans and oils machine as prescribed each day.
- Takes finished order to finishing area.
- Operates computer.
- Promotes safety and safe working environment.
- Fill orders promptly and accurately.
- Use computer terminal.
- Push an approximately 50 pound cart 300 feet or more, 25 or more times per day.
- Collect goods from high, medium and low shelving.
- Sit, stand and walk periodically--up to 300 feet or more.
- Must perform other related duties as required.
- Bend, reach, kneel, squat, push and pull as needed.
- Repetitive movements of both hands such as grasping, turning, fine manipulation and repetitive movements of foot as required for sewing machine operation.
- Lifting. Lift requirement of job: 35 pounds.
- Computer, sewing machine, scissors, iron, tape measure, tape machine and cart.
- Distribution center or sewing factory experience.
- Trade or vocational training.
- On-the-job training.
- Drug screen, back lift test and eye exam for color blindness required.
- +3 for last 12 months evaluation average (if applicable).
- Skills test: reading, accuracy, matching.
- 90-day probationary period.
If you are interested in an open position, please e-mail your resume to: HR@edwardsgarment.com
Kazoo, Inc. (Edwards Garment) is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, gender, age, height, weight, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.