Position Title: Embroidery Machine Operator (2nd shift ~ 3:00pm - 11:00pm)
- Reads from work order to determine type and location or embroidery or logo selection; determines correct tape and pieces; and verifies using approval sheet when necessary.
- Operates automatic embroidery machines with multiple sewing heads controlled by perforated pattern tape.
- Sets up logo in machine; inputs machine operating instructions and runs sample embroidery to check for proper needle sequence, required color, and placement in hoop (not necessary for each logo or program).
- Changes thread spools with proper color thread; aligns apparel, hoop in machine fixture and checks for required needle clearance.
- Monitors machine heads for proper embroidery operation.
- Replaces needle bobbins and thread as required and re-threads when broken as necessary.
- Inspects finished product to ensure quality standards are maintained. Trims excess threads from logos.
- Removes hoops from completed garments after inspecting.
- Cleans and oils machine as prescribed each day.
- Takes finished order to finishing area.
- Performs trimmer duties as required.
- Collects goods from high, medium and low shelving.
- Bills orders promptly and accurately.
- Operates computer.
- Alternates between embroidery, DIY and Quality Room as required.
- Promotes safety and safe working environment.
Major Life Activities:
- Must follow safety rules and keep work area in clean and orderly condition including: vacuuming, picking up and cleaning.
- Must perform other related duties as required.
- Lifts merchandise from cart to conveyor. Lift requirement of job: 60 pounds.
- Reads and interprets orders.
- Sews, presses, cuts and make necessary alterations.
- Excellent visual-delineation between hues and shades.
- Fills orders promptly and accurately.
- Pushes and pulls.
- Sits, stands and walks.
- Bends, reaches, kneels, squats, pushes and pulls as needed.
- Involves repetitive movements of both hands and feet.
- Sewing machine, multi-head automatic embroidery machine, scissors, hoops and machine fixture, iron, tape measure, tape machine, scan gun and cart.
- Various sewing machines as needed.
- Computer terminal.
- Embroidery machine training.
- Distribution center or sewing factory experience.
- Trade, vocational training or home economics classes.
- On-the-job training.
- Computer literate.
- Drug screen & lift test required.
- 90-day probation period.
If you are interested in an open position, please e-mail your resume to:
Kazoo, Inc. (Edwards Garment) is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, gender, age, height, weight, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.